SERVING OUR RESIDENTS
NATIONAL DAY OBSERVANCE CEREMONY
Over 1,200 Bukit Gombak residents gathered on 9th August this year to celebrate National Day. Students from Hillgrove Secondary School’s Band, Boys’ and Girls’ Brigade, as well as students from Lianhua Primary School’s Chinese Dance team, joined us for the celebration.
BRINGING FREE AED AND CPR TRAINING TO EVERY CONDO
Great news: as part of our commitment to making Bukit Gombak a heart-safe community, we will be installing an automated external defibrillator (AED) in every condominium!
To arm residents with life-saving knowledge and skills, we conducted free certified CPR and AED training for condominium residents in your precinct. Some of them were held in conjunction with Family Day. Residents who completed the training could choose to become Community First Responders. In the event of an emergency, the nearest Community First Responders will be alerted via a mobile app to head down and provide assistance before the arrival of an ambulance. This could drastically increase a victim’s chance of survival. We hope having an AED within reach will provide all residents with peace of mind.
More than 40 AEDs have been purchased. In order to build a heart-safe community, each condo will be receiving a free AED. AEDs will also be installed within the vicinity of landed estates.
IMPROVING YOUR ESTATE
STAYING CONNECTED VIA HILLVIEW MRT
For many residents, Hillview MRT station was a welcomed addition to our neighbourhood. The station has shortened the time taken to travel to the city, cutting the journey time by 20 minutes. In addition to the building of Hillview MRT station, sheltered linkways have also been constructed around the station, as well as within the neighbourhood, so that residents can make their way to and from the station in comfort, rain or shine.
We heard your feedback! We worked closely with LTA to improve the traffic along Upper Bukit Timah Road and Hume Avenue. Cars along Hume Avenue clear within an average of two cycles during the morning peak period.
Here are the changes that were implemented:
• Traffic lights at the junction of Upper Bukit Timah Road and Hume Avenue have been adjusted to facilitate smoother traffic on Hume Avenue.
• A signalised pedestrian crossing was introduced opposite Hillview Community Club so that you can cross the road safely.
• A bus-friendly speed hump was added along Hillview Avenue to enhance pedestrian safety.
• The road along Hillview Avenue has been resurfaced for a smoother drive.
• Improvements to the junction at the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) slip road, Jalan Jurong Kechil and Jalan Anak Bukit have been made.
• For better traffic flow, Jalan Jurong Kechil was widened from a two- to three-lane carriageway. It encompasses a bus lane.
We have constructed over thousands of metres of covered linkways around the Hillview MRT station and Bukit Gombak MRT station. This is all part of our commitment to provide sheltered convenience to residents and commuters.
From the bus stop opposite The Rail Mall (Bus Stop ID: 43051) to Hillview Road
Sheltered linkway outside Glendale Park condominium
Sheltered linkway between Hillview Heights, Summerhill and Hillington Green condos
Sheltered linkway connecting Hillview MRT station and the bus stop outside Lam Soon Building