SERVING OUR RESIDENTS
BRINGING FREE AED AND CPR TRAINING TO EVERY CONDO
Great news: as part of our commitment to making Bukit Gombak a heart-safe
community, we will be installing an automated external defibrillator (AED) in every condominium!
To arm residents with life-saving knowledge and skills, we conducted free certified CPR and AED training for residents of Montrosa, Merawoods, Hillview Residence and Hilltop Grove. Residents who completed the training could choose to become Community First Responders. In the event of an emergency, the nearest Community First Responders will be alerted via a mobile app to head down and provide assistance before the arrival of an ambulance. This could drastically increase a victim’s chance of survival. We hope having an AED within reach will provide all residents with a peace of mind. More than 40 AEDs were purchased. In order to build a heart-safe community, each condo will be receiving a free AED. AEDs will also be installed within the vicinity of landed estates.
NATIONAL DAY OBSERVANCE CEREMONY
Over 1,200 Bukit Gombak residents gathered on 9th August this year to celebrate National Day. Students from Hillgrove Secondary School’s Band, Boys’ and Girls’ Brigade, as well as students from Lianhua Primary School’s Chinese Dance team, joined us for the celebration.
CELEBRATING MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL
About 250 residents of all ages gathered to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival on 8th September 2019. Participants bonded over lantern-making activities, and enjoyed performances by various interest groups. The young ones also had fun roaming around the neighbourhood with lanterns of all shapes and colours.
IMPROVING YOUR ESTATE
We heard your feedback! We worked closely with LTA to improve the traffic along Upper Bukit Timah Road and Hume Avenue. Cars along Hume Avenue clear within an average of two cycles during the morning peak period.
Here are the changes that were implemented:
• Traffic lights at the junction of Upper Bukit Timah Road and Hume Avenue have been adjusted to facilitate smoother traffic on Hume Avenue.
• A signalised pedestrian crossing was introduced opposite Hillview Community Club so that you can cross the road safely.
• A bus-friendly speed hump was added along Hillview Avenue to enhance pedestrian safety.
• The road along Hillview Avenue has been resurfaced for a smoother drive.
• Improvements to the junction at the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) slip road, Jalan Jurong Kechil and Jalan Anak Bukit have been made.
• For better traffic flow, Jalan Jurong Kechil was widened from a two- to three-lane carriageway. It encompasses a bus lane.
CONSTRUCTION OF SHELTERED LINKWAYS AND OTHER ESTATE IMPROVEMENTS
Residents can now enjoy greater sheltered connectivity thanks to the construction of over 2,000 metres of covered walkways around the neighbourhood!
We have extended the sheltered walkway at Hillview MRT station by 324 metres so residents can stay sheltered as they make their way from the train station to the bus stop outside Lam Soon Building. The footpath connecting the bus stop at Glendale Park condo to Hillview MRT was also widened.
A signalised pedestrian crossing near the Hilllview Roundabout was also implemented to enhance traffic safety around Hillview CC.
We hope these estate improvements have made it more convenient for you to travel about the neighbourhood!